Ryobi® warranty application conditions
In addition to any statutory rights resulting from the purchase, this product is covered by a guarantee as stated below.
1. The guarantee period is 24 months for consumers and commences on the date when the product was purchased. This date has to be documented by an invoice or other proof of purchase. The product is designed and dedicated to consumer and private use only. So there is no guarantee provided in case of professional or commercial use.
2. There is, in some cases (i.e. promotion, range of tools), a possibility to extend the warranty period over the period described above using the registration on the www.ryobitools.eu. The eligibility of the tool is clearly displayed in stores and / or on packaging. The end user needs to register his/her newly acquired tools online within 8 days the date of purchase. The end user may register for the extended warranty in his country of residence if listed on the online registration form where this option is valid. Furthermore, end users must give their consent to the storage of the data which are required to enter online and they have to accept the terms and conditions. The registration confirmation receipt, which is sent out by e-mail, and the original invoice showing the date of purchase will serve as proof of the extended warranty. Your statutory rights remain unaffected.
3. The guarantee covers all defects of the product during the warranty period due to defaults in workmanship or material at the purchase date. The guarantee is limited to repair and/or replacement and does not include any other obligations including but not limited to incidental or consequential damages The warranty is not valid if the product has been misused, used contrary to the instruction manual, or being incorrectly connected. This guarantee does not apply to:
-any damage to the product that is the result of improper maintenance
-any product that has been altered or modified
-any product where original identification (trade mark, serial number) markings have been defaced, altered or removed
-any damage caused by non-observance of the instruction manual
-any non CE product
-any product which has been attempted to be repaired by an non-qualified professional or without prior authorization by Techtronic Industries.
-any product connected to improper power supply (amps, voltage, frequency)
-any product used with inappropriate fuel mixture (fuel, oil, percentage of oil)
-any damage caused by external influences (chemical, physical, shocks) or foreign substances
-normal wear and tear spare parts
-inappropriate use, overloading of the tool
-use of non-approved accessories or parts
-Carburettor after 6 months, Carburettor Adjustments after 6 months,
-Components (parts and accessories) subject to natural wear and tear, including but not limited to Bump Knobs, Drive Belts, Clutch, Blades of Hedge Trimmers or Lawn Mowers, Harness, Cable Throttle, Carbon Brushes, Power Cord, Tines, Felt Washers, Hitch Pins, Blower Fans, Blower and Vacuum Tubes, Vacuum Bag and Straps, Guide Bars, Saw Chains, Hoses, Connector fittings, Spray Nozzles, Wheels, Spray Wands, Inner Reels, Outer Spools, Cutting Lines, Spark Plugs, Air Filters, Gas Filters, Mulching Blades, etc.
4. For servicing, the product must be sent or presented to an RYOBI authorized service station listed for each country in the following list of service station addresses. In some countries your local RYOBI dealer undertakes to send the product to the RYOBI service organisation. When sending a product to an RYOBI service station, the product should be safely packed without any dangerous contents such as petrol, marked with sender’s address and accompanied by a short description of the fault.
5. A repair / replacement under this guarantee is free of charge. It does not constitute an extension or a new start of the guarantee period. Exchanged parts or tools become our property. In some countries delivery charges or postage will have to be paid by the sender.
6. This guarantee is valid in the European Community, Switzerland, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Turkey and Russia. Outside these areas, please contact your authorized RYOBI dealer to determine if another warranty applies.